It is no secret that Diabetes is less than ideal. Managing our levels can be complex and our goal is to optimize our success on the daily. We want to enjoy our days living our lives! For a diabetic self regulation is the key to maximizing freedom. Many of us can still eat many of our favorite foods, enjoy beer or wine and excel in athletics. Effectively understanding our own bodies and how our diet and activities affect us is the key to regulation. How do we track our blood glucose levels throughout the day? What keeps us in tune with our bodies so that we are able to make self-correct when necessary? A Blood Glucose Meter is the key tool for daily and long term success. This easy to use testing device with daily monitoring and updates allows us peace of mind and the ability to make corrections when necessary.
As with anything in life, observing our daily progress helps us to improve at anything we do. A blood glucose meter is essential for our consistent good results and this is how it helps:
- Quick and easy to operate, it takes a small blood test usually from the finger and within seconds gives a current reading of our Blood Glucose Levels.
- Daily testing alerts remind us throughout the day when it is time to take a test. Checking our levels at consistent times is an important part of our daily regime. No need to set alarms or watch the clock!
- The meter lets us know when our levels are hypo (low) or hyper (high) so that we can adjust.
- Stores test results with the time and date. The old axiom of “performance measured is performance gained,” rings true. We can easily observe how our bodies are reacting to the foods we eat, the energy we use and our daily routines.
- Allows us to monitor our 7, 14, 30, 60 and 90 day averages over a period of time. Are we trending high? Are we trending low? Keeping an eye on averages over a period of time helps to see the bigger picture so we can make adjustments in our routines and create a better quality of life.
- Alternative sites means we can take our blood samples from the fingertip or we may opt for less sensitive areas such as the palm or forearm. Occasionally a reading will suggest this to confirm the levels are correct.
- Meal markers help us track our levels at key times during the day. Fasting, before meal, after meal and overall. Consistency and oversight helps foster healthy living!
- A large display with bold numbers makes reading our results a snap!
- Ketones occur when the body produces high levels of blood acid. An alert gives us a heads up when they are high so we can contact a doctor to be checked.
- Downloadable data is important so that we can easily send our records to a Doctor. This keeps them in the loop and helps maintain records for long term well-being.
Glucose Meter For Proper Diabetes Management
Indeed, a glucose meter is a must-have tool for monitoring a patient with diabetes. Without this tool, you can’t assess if your medical treatment is effective. Every patient with diabetes should learn how to use a glucose meter to avoid wasting all efforts, time, and money.
Diabetes management is a combination of multiple factors, including diet, physical activities, lifestyle changes, and the monitoring of other existing medical conditions. For instance, it’s important to learn the 5 stages of intermittent fasting and its impacts on your blood sugar levels before embracing this diet. You also have to consult your endocrinologist or physician before sticking to a specific diet plan.
People with diabetes should maintain blood glucose levels. You need to eat nutritious food before, after, and even during exercise. It’s a good idea to monitor your blood glucose level, too, using a glucose meter before and after exercise. This way, you’ll determine whether you need to take in food or beverage if your blood glucose is low.
Blood glucose monitoring is crucial if you have diabetes alongside other medical conditions. If you have chronic hypertension, high blood sugar levels will worsen this condition, increasing your risks of developing heart attack, stroke, or aneurysm.
Self Care is the talk of the town these days! It means people can live better, healthier lives by taking part in activities and practices that help our emotional, mental and physical well-being. Peace of mind can greatly improve our moods and reduce anxiety as well. Diabetes is no different! By paying attention to our bodies and using appropriate self care our physical well being becomes manageable and can relieve stress, anxiety and improve our emotional and mental well being.
Managing our lives can be daunting, so shouldn’t we look for easier, efficient ways to thrive? A user friendly, compact and reliable device makes our lives easier and a better life achieveable. A blood glucose monitor is the daily self-care we look for to effectively manage our Diabetes.