In today’s busy world, we are all very reliant on our devices. They help us stay in touch with our friends, family, and colleagues no matter where we are so we can tend to important matters and emergencies if necessary.
But carrying our devices around means they get dirty. The dirt makes the product look unattractive, it makes it harder to use and it can increase the spread of germs.
So the question is, how do we clean our devices? After all, we don’t want to get the electronics wet. Then our products would no longer work.
If your devices are dirty, read on to find out how to safely clean your iPhone and other items you use daily.
How to Safely Clean Your iPhone
Here is the step by step process for cleaning your phone safely:
1. Unplug the cables and turn your phone off.
2. Use a soft, slightly damp lint free cloth to gently wipe down your phone. A lens cloth works well.
3. If the surface is still dirty, add warm soapy water to the cloth and wipe down again. Avoid getting water into the phone’s openings.
4. Do not use cleaning products or compressed air.
How To Sanitize Your iPhone
If you want to sanitize your phone to make sure it is free of germs, you may use a 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe.
Gently wipe the hard, nonporous surfaces of your product like the display, keyboard and other surfaces. Avoid getting the moisture in the opening and do not submerge your device in cleaning agents.
Other options for sanitizing are as follows:
· An antimicrobial cleaning cloth: These cloths have antimicrobials built in and their soft surface will never damage your phone.
· Use a screen protector, then wipe with disinfecting wipes: Using screen protectors will keep disinfecting wipes from damaging your phone.
· Use a UV smartphone cleaner: This special phone soap uses UV-C bulbs to kill bacteria and viruses on your phone’s surface.
Use Cleaning Solution on Your Phone
Although most cleaning solutions are too harsh for your phone, a gentle one can do the trick. A cleaner that is made of all natural ingredients won’t wear down the components of your device. And if the moisture gets inside the phone, it will be less likely to harm the electronics.
One cleaner that is recommended for iPhone cleaning is Clean Day Multi-Surface Every Day Cleaner by Mrs. Meyers.
Mrs. Meyers is a provider of household products that are made with essential oils. Their multi-surface cleaner is made with naturally derived ingredients and is free of harmful synthetics. It removes dirt, freshens surfaces, and leaves behind a terrific scent.
This article has provided valuable tips on how to clean your iPhone and the other items you use daily. Now you can feel confident that the surfaces you use so often will be free of germs and dirt. What do you like to do when your devices start looking dingy?