Gaining followers for your fashion brand on Instagram is all about capturing the attention of users. Instagram has numerous tools for that purpose. It’s important to know your target market first.
- Target marketing means fragmenting a large market into compartments by identifying potential customers. Your product/service can fulfil their needs.
- For instance, if you’re selling voguish Zumba and Yoga pants, you need to concentrate on the younger women age segment of 20-30, and not target the entire woman folk on the platform.
- Look for women with active yoga membership or subscriptions on Insta. Search them through their geographic location and if you’ve the scale to serve those areas, that becomes your target market.
- Without a target audience and market, it’s an uphill task to build product awareness or brand on Instagram.
- To end users, your fashion brand will be like just another generic, run-off-the-mill clothing line.
Some pro tips
If you think you can buy 20 likes on Instagram to grow your fashion line, you’re mistaken. Follower growth is an integral Instagram strategy and without organic follower engagement, you won’t be able to nurture a community and use it as a marketing implement.
- It all starts with making eye-catching content. Being a visual platform, IG is perfect for the fashion industry. That’s why you need to post scroll-stopping, breathtaking, high-quality images that resonate with your potential audience and prospective followers.
- Unique content is another necessity. Your Stories and feed can show some catchy behind-the-scenes photos/videos.
- You can showcase your events, team, and other ordinary, non-glamorous pictures. It helps you stand out in the chaotic IG world.
- It pays a lot to stick to your own style and be true to it. The best way to draw followers and drive them into customers is to maintain your individuality.
- Nobody likes inauthentic content, especially if that’s coming from a clothing line of considerable repute.
- Fashion influencers urge you to focus on consistency. Your followers must know when they can see your posts.
- Relatable and relevant content with the right hashtags will not only brandish your personality, but also attract like minded folks to your business.
Another way is to use a fusion of professional and average quality pictures. It creates a real, natural brand presence online. People relate to the mix more. Instagram marketers are so hellbent on posting high-definition stuff that they often forget to share precious moments when the photographer or videographer wasn’t there!
Working on technicalities
Many fashion brands and influencers follow a clear and distinct color scheme. If your fashion brand takes inspiration from your travels, the color scheme needs to showcase that.
For example, if your brand is working with something called Shades of Sahara, your posts need to blend brown, yellow, spice hues, sands, dunes, and the entire mix. There goes the relativity part.
Similarly, if you’re working on some Indian merchandise, your posts can blend pinks, blush, reds, terracotta, turmeric, and pretty much all colors.
As a fashion brand on IG, it’s also important to monitor your analytics with tools like Plann. You can check your best performing content and produce such stuff more often.