Orlando residents and guests looking for truly frightening adventures this Halloween season will not want to miss Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld. The event runs from Thursdays to Sundays from September 10th to Halloween Day, October 31st. The hours for Howl-O-Scream are 7:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 7:00 p.m. to midnight on Thursdays and Sundays. SeaWorld Orlando recommends the event for adult audiences.
Meet New “Friends” at Bars throughout the Park
Guests never know who may be sitting at the next barstool during Howl-O-Scream. They also never know what interactive surprises await them at the bar, although they can expect it to be scary.
Explore Haunted Houses
SeaWorld guests enter a darkened house to find a spooky surprise awaiting them at every corner. There is no turning around and going back through the front door, either. The only way to get out of the haunted house is to walk through it, hearing shrieks of terror along the way.
Scares Zones Located throughout the Park
During 27 nights in September and October, Orlando’s SeaWorld transforms into the stuff of nightmares! Guests have nowhere to hide, with danger lurking around every corner of the park. Witches, ghouls, goblins, and other monstrosities roam the park, looking for someone to scare.
When the terror outside gets to be too much, park guests can step inside to watch an energized, but strange, group of performers put on a musical dance show. Afterward, guests can step back outside to solve the mystery of who has emerged from the lake. With party zones and DJs set up throughout the park, there is always the opportunity to dance between taking in the horrors.
SeaWorld Rides Are Even Scarier in the Dark
Experiencing the dips of a roller coaster can be scary enough in broad daylight. Now, imagine that same feeling intensified when riding the rails in the dark cover of the night. Several thrill rides will run throughout the night, for those who feel brave enough to get on board.
Howl-O-Scream Ticket Options
SeaWorld Orlando offers the following ticket options for adventure seekers this Halloween season:
- Single night ticket: $29.99 per person
- Day visit to SeaWorld Orlando and single admission to Howl-O-Scream: $109.99 per person
- Unlimited visits on select nights: $99.99 per person
- Unlimited visits on select nights, not including Saturdays: $79.99 per person
- Twice the Terror provides guests with admission to Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay and SeaWorld in Orlando for $79.99 per person.
- The two-park unlimited visit offers guests unlimited admission to the Howl-O-Scream events at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and SeaWorld Orlando. Blackout dates may apply, and guests must make separate reservations for each park. The cost is $139.99 per person.
- Weekend tickets provide guests with daytime access to SeaWorld Orlando during the day and the Howl-O-Scream event at night over one full weekend.
- Vacation packages include admission to the SeaWorld Orlando Howl-O-Scream event for one-night, unlimited daytime admission to SeaWorld Orlando throughout the vacation, hotel accommodations to include one free night, and reserved show seating. The cost of vacation packages depends on the number of days requested, the size of the group, and hotel availability.
- Wild weekend packages include Howl-O-Scream admission throughout any selected weekend, unlimited daytime admission to SeaWorld Orlando for up to four consecutive days, choice of hotel accommodations from SeaWorld’s hotel partners, free parking at SeaWorld, and reserved show seating. Guests will receive a package price after booking their reservations through SeaWorld.
- Single night group admission provides tickets for select nights of the Howl-O-Scream event. Groups must purchase a minimum of 15 tickets to receive the discounted price of $24.99 per person.
These rates reflect an early purchase discount of up to 70 percent and expire on July 25, 2021.
How to Purchase Event Tickets
Guests interested in purchasing one of the above ticket packages should obtain their tickets directly from SeaWorld Orlando. All guests must purchase an advanced ticket to enter the park. Although Howl-O-Scream starts at 7:00 p.m. each night, SeaWorld Orlando opens the gates at 6:00 p.m.
How to Get to SeaWorld Orlando and Where to Park
The address of SeaWorld Orlando is 7007 SeaWorld Drive. The park is off I-4, heading east or west. Guests coming from the Cape Canaveral area can take the Beachline Expressway, also known as FL-528. The #50 Lynx bus from Downtown Disney also goes past the park entrance.
Guests of SeaWorld Orlando can park in either the general lot for $25 or the preferred lot for $30. A VIP rate is also available for $35. Tickets are good for one day only, but park visitors can save money by purchasing them online in advance. Some annual SeaWorld pass options offer free parking, and members visiting the Howl-O-Scream event can take advantage of that. Wheelchairs and electric scooters are available for guests with disabilities.
SeaWorld Orlando Also Hosts a Family Halloween Event
Howl-O-Scream is for mature guests only, but guests with children can still have Halloween fun at the park. SeaWorld Orlando will host its annual Spooktacular event again this year. Kids can trick-or-treat during daylight hours, come dressed in costume and attend the Spooktacular Costume Party, and participate in the Spooktacular Pumpkin Hunt.