The Future of CMMC Compliance: Will There Be Changes in 2022?
As we move further into the 21st century, the field of cybersecurity grows more and more important. Cyber threats are becoming more and more sophisticated, and businesses need to ensure that they have adequate safeguards in place to protect their data.
This is where CMMC comes in. The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification is a framework for assessing and improving an organization’s cybersecurity posture. It was developed by the Department of Defense in response to the increasing number of cyberattacks on military systems.
The goal of CMMC is to provide a common standard for evaluating the cybersecurity of all Defense Department contractors. This will help ensure that all contractors are meeting a minimum level of cybersecurity protection.
CMMC has been in development for several years, and it is currently in the final stages of development. The Department of Defense plans to begin certifying contractors using CMMC in 2022.
Here are the top 10 changes we expect in 2022 when CMMC goes into effect:
1. The Department of Defense will begin certifying contractors using CMMC.
2. CMMC will become the standard for evaluating the cybersecurity of all Defense Department contractors.
3. Contractors will need to achieve a CMMC Level 3 certification or higher to do business with the Defense Department.
4. The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification framework will be updated regularly to keep up with the latest threats and vulnerabilities.
5. Organizations will begin using CMMC as a benchmark for their own cybersecurity.
6. Cybersecurity will be a major part of the Defense Department’s standard contract language.
7. Cybersecurity expertise will become a much more sought after skill, leading to an increased demand for people qualified in CMMC certification.
8. The Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center will offer training classes and seminars on cybersecurity protection, which may lead to an increase in the number of people trained in CMMC standards.
9. Cybersecurity researchers may use CMMC as a diagnostic tool to help identify potential weak points that could be subject to future attack.
10. Cyber insurance may begin covering cyber attacks based on CMMC certifications, making it even more important for businesses to achieve CMMC certification.
These are just some of the changes we can expect in 2022 when CMMC goes into effect. Cybersecurity is a rapidly evolving field, and the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification framework will need to be updated regularly to keep up with the latest threats and vulnerabilities. Organizations that want to stay ahead of the curve should begin using CMMC as a benchmark for their own cybersecurity posture. And those looking to enter the field of cybersecurity should make sure they have CMMC certification, which will become increasingly important in the years to come.