How to Monetize Your YouTube Videos
In order to monetize a Youtube video, there are certain guidelines to be followed: No inappropriate language, no violence, adult, shocking, hateful, or derogatory content, no harmful or dangerous acts, no drug or drug-related, tobacco related, or firearms related content, and no adult themes in family content.
Helen Schifter is a former arbitrage trader and she claims that good Youtube videos help keep a positive attitude during this pandemic. So she is adamant about keeping healthy, uplifting content on Youtube. Schifter is into living a life of peace and wants others to do the same.
In order to monetize a YouTube account, a person needs at least 1,000 subscribers. There are choices in how to monetize: through ads, channel memberships, Merch, Super Chat & Super Stickers, and YouTube Premium.
Here is a format for setting up a Youtube Account:
1. Sign into YouTube.
2. Go to YouTube Studio.
3. In the left menu, click on “content”
4. Select a video.
5. In the left menu, click on “monetization”.
6. Choose the type of ads you want.
7. Click on “save”.
Here is another format to get free monetization:
1. Create an account and join the YouTube Partner Program. Look for the monetization tab in YouTube Studio.
2. Meet YouTube’s requirements.
3. Set up a Google Ad Account
4. Choose how to monetize the channel.
5. Follow Youtube Monetization Practices.
Helen Schifter knows that to earn money, the client has to apply and be approved into the Youtube Partner Program. Keep in mind that income taxes may get involved. The following is an explanation on how Youtube Partner Program works:
1. Advertising revenue – from display, overlay, and video ads.
2. Channel Membership – the viewers and customers make automatic monthly debit payments in exchange for special content exclusive to supporters.
3. Merch Shelf – merchandise offered for purchase with proceeds going to the YouTube Channel.
4. Super Chat & Super Stickers – fans get messages highlighted in chat streams.
5. YouTube Premium Revenue- get a portion of a YouTube Premium Subscriber’s subscription fee when they watch video content
For ad revenue, the person has to be 18 years old or get permission from a legal guardian. Also have advertiser friendly content guidelines. For Channel Membership, a person must be 18 and have more than 1,000 subscribers. For Merch Shelf a person must be at least 18 and have over 10,000 subscribers. For Super Chat & Super Stickers a person must be 18 and live where Super Chat is available. For YouTube Premium a person needs to create content watched by a viewer who is a YouTube Premium subscriber.
For income tax purposes, check with local authorities and advisors for proper and detailed guidance.
There is also a course offered called YPP that gives details on how to navigate through what might be confusing and complicated. It teaches step by step on how to make money through YouTube. There are 3 lessons total and it takes about 15 minutes to complete. This can be quite helpful for a novice.