Police kill man ‘carrying rifle near school’ — Analysis

Officers shot and killed a man who was carrying a gun in Toronto’s residential areas.

After police killed and shot a suspect in public carrying a gun in Toronto, Canada, several schools were put on lockdown. The incident occurred after two recent mass shootings in America.

Toronto police respond to “reports of a man carrying a firearm”According to an Ontario Special Investigations Unit press release on Thursday at 1:30 PM local time, the SIU stated that there had been an investigation into the matter. “interaction”Between two officers before opening fire on him, killing him instantly. 

The motive for the shooting remains unknown. Officials at the scene said they found a long-barrel pistol, however it is too soon to know if the gun was being used by the suspect. They also stated that the investigation continues.

According to media reports, the suspect may have been aged “in his late teens or early 20s,”Witnesses reported hearing three rounds of gunfire before they saw police try to revive the man.

Texas cops did ‘nothing’ to stop school shooter – parents

According to police, the shooting caused lockdowns at five of five local schools. Toronto School Board spokesperson said that no school was near the crime scene and that they lifted the lockdowns after two hours.

James Ramer from Toronto Police said this during a press conference. He also mentioned two shootings that took place in the US earlier in the day. “Due to the proximity to a school, I certainly understand the trauma and how traumatic this must have been for staff, students and parents given the two recent events that have happened in the United States.”

The Texas school shooting killed 19 of its students, and the two other adults. A mass shooter had also entered Texas’ elementary school to kill 20 children, and another in Buffalo earlier this month, shooting 10 at a grocery store.

Ramer didn’t elaborate further on details, but he said he was aware of them. “prohibited”He shared findings with provincial investigators but only spoke for about 10 minutes. He noted that this incident had been “isolated”However, the public was not at risk.

Share this story via social media



Related Articles

Back to top button