The ketogenic (keto) diet is more than just a way to shed a few extras pounds. By going keto, you can effectively rewire your metabolism to burn fats rather than carbs. What that means is you will have more sustained energy throughout the day, and your body will eventually work to begin burning that stubborn visceral fat on your midsection and other problem areas.
Benefits of the Keto Diet
Keto has a wide range of benefits. Here are some of the most common:
- Weight Loss: Weight loss is one of the primary reasons that people are drawn to the ketogenic diet. They see their friends shedding weight like never before and ask about the secret. Often times, the answer is keto. People see dramatic and transformative weight loss results with keto. Even those who only need to lose a few pounds, maybe to help them look a bit more sculpted or to finally reveal those abs that have been hiding under stubborn belly fat—even those sorts of people stand to benefit from the ketogenic diet. Why? Because keto trains your body to use fat as its primary fuel source, this means the longer your body is in a state of ketosis (meaning it is burning fat as fuel), the more fat you will loose on stubborn parts of your body.
- Brain Function: Aside from weight loss, countless people report tremendous cognitive benefits when switching to a ketogenic diet.
- Heart Health: In spite of the old understanding of fats and heart disease, keto embraces consuming large portions of healthy fats and points to studies that show that doing so can lead to significant drops in overall cholesterol levels, which is a leading cause of heart disease.
- Blood Sugar: Eating fewer carbs and sugars and replacing them with healthy fats can have an incredible impact on your blood sugar levels. More stable blood sugar levels lead to more energy and have many other health benefits.
How Adapted Nutrition Can Help
Adapted Nutrition is a keto-based health company with a range of products specifically formulated for those on a ketogenic diet. Not all keto diets are created equal, and those who combine consistent eating habits with the right supplements will see by far the best results. But just what are the right supplements?
- Hydration: When we first wake up in the morning, many of us experience high levels of thirst. This is only natural. Some people simply reach for a glass of water, but others make the mistake of kicking off their day with orange juice or some other sugary drink. The problem with fruit juices, sports drinks, and, of course, sodas, is that they immediately throw your body out of ketosis. Yes, they may be hydrating, but they cause more problems than they solve. This is where a hydration supplement comes in. If you are on the ketogenic diet, you want to include a powder-based hydration supplement that quenches your thirst and satisfies your morning cravings without throwing you out of ketosis.
- Ketosis Starter: There are times when you are out of ketosis and need to get back on as soon as possible. Without a supplement, it could take many hours to even over a day. Thankfully, there are accelerators that can help speed things up and put your body back into ketosis far faster than it would do naturally.
- Minerals: You always want to make sure you are getting all of your essential vitamins and minerals. Dramatic changes in diet like switching to keto can sometimes leave your body feeling depleted as it learns to adapt. During this time, it is important to take mineral and, if necessary, vitamin supplements.
- Appetite: For those unacquainted with fasting or the ketogenic diet, you may struggle to stay away from the foods you shouldn’t eat. If you stay strong and stick with it, these cravings will eventually disappear on their own. But, if you want a little help, look to the Adapted Nutrition product line to help curb your appetite.
Now that you know how Adapted Nutrition can help, you can start or continue your keto diet in the best possible way: with supplements that keep you hydrated, in ketosis, and not feeling hungry or tired!