Why Cloud Services Are the Best Rout When Your Team is Remote
Many companies today boast of having a distributed team. Whether it’s a virtual company where all employees work from home or an outsourcing firm that employs thousands around the world, cloud services allow teams to get things done no matter where they are located.
While every business has its own set of challenges and obstacles when it comes to running a remote team, the advent of cloud services has simplified many things as well as increased productivity. Here are just some benefits why your business should move to the cloud now.
What are Cloud Services?
Cloud services are online applications that offer virtual servers, storage and other resources. These apps include messaging tools, file sharing software and collaboration platforms like Microsoft Office 365 or Google Apps. Basically, everything you need to run your business is available in the cloud including email servers like Gmail or Outlook.com; file hosting sites like Dropbox; group discussion boards like Slack or HipChat; and project management apps like Asana, Trello or Basecamp.
Cloud services are virtual server environments that run specially configured computer programs. Basically, it is setup for you or your team to do whatever they need online provided that their devices have access to the internet. Cloud computing is a term used by IT professionals to describe this cloud service environment.
Why Cloud Services are Good for Your Team
1. Cloud storage allows all team members to have access to company files from anywhere they are located.
2. It’s easy for everyone on a distributed team to collaborate, regardless of time and place.
3. Cloud services enhance your company’s security as well as protect valuable data against theft, damage and other potential threats.
4. Cloud storage can house all kinds of important business data such as contracts and invoices and other sensitive materials that require secure offsite backup and recovery mechanisms in case of emergency.
5. Cloud-based data recovery options are available for companies that need to recover lost or damaged files immediately without losing time, money and productivity.
6. Collaboration tools can make real-time communication easier between multiple workers no matter how far they are from one another.
With the cloud, it is easy for everyone to contribute to the project from their respective locations, and it’s easy for managers to track everything their employees are doing.
7. Cloud-based HR services allow companies to set up a professional company profile that is accessible for all potential candidates who will be considered in future hiring activities.
8. Cloud servers provide storage space and other services that will allow companies to improve their return on investment.
9. Companies can utilize metrics and other tools cloud services offer for better insights into the performance of business teams, allowing them to increase productivity while improving profitability.
10. Cloud-based file sharing allows you to share your documents with other people in the organization without sending them multiple emails.
The pros outweigh any cons, and with the right provider, your company will be equipped to take advantage of cloud services that allow business to go on even when they are far apart.